Hello Panther Families,
The Maine Principals Association (MPA) released the official guidelines for the opening of high school athletics and activities on June 25, 2020, allowing for in-person activities to begin the week of July 6, 2020. We are confident that because of our smaller community size, dedicated coaches, and diligent student-athletes, we can safely offer Summer Activity programs to our 2020-21 Upper School and eighth grade Panthers. As we turn our attention to the July fourth weekend, coaches and I are deeply focused on organizing our North Yarmouth Academy Summer Activity offerings to provide opportunities for physical wellness and sport specific training.
Here is an outline of the MPA guidelines we will be following:
- Phase One runs the weeks of July 6 and July 13 and consists of outdoor, individualized, general physical wellness/agility/strength training, in pods no larger than 10 student-athletes. Student-athletes are limited to workouts totaling one hour/day in Phase One.
- Phase Two runs the weeks of July 20 and July 27, and consists of outdoor, individualized, sport-specific training, in pods no larger than 50. Indoor, individualized, sport-specific training in pods no larger than 10 student-athletes is allowed. Student-athletes are limited to workouts totaling two hours/day in Phase Two.
- In both Phases One and Two, all student-athletes and coaches are required to:
- Complete a daily screening assessment prior to Summer Activity arrival (will be shared with pods)
- Maintain recommended six foot social distancing
- Wear cloth masks (except for during strenuous physical activity)
- Bring their own water bottle
- Wash hands frequently (hand sanitizer will be provided)
In order to comply with the MPA guidelines, student-athletes will be assigned to a dedicated “pod” for the duration of the Summer Activity offerings.
ACTION ITEMS: Please read carefully
- To help the coaches and I organize the MPA required student-athlete pods and appropriately share information about Summer Activities with you, please complete this brief survey ASAP.
- Wait for one of your coaches to confirm your pod placement/schedule, PRIOR to arriving at a Summer Activity.
- Be sure to follow @NYAPanthers on Twitter and check email weekly for more important information, including upcoming Social Distance Tips.
To address any incidents of symptom reporting, answer questions, and ensure the well-being of our community, we have formed the NYA COVID-19 Response Team. Anyone with concerns or questions can direct those to me, and I will share with our full Response Team for discussion.
We can’t wait to see you (socially distanced and wearing a mask) SOON!
Happy Fourth of July!
Director of Athletics
NYA ATHLETICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter -Athletics – @NYAPanther