Updated: May 13, 2022
What is the process?
- If you have experiences mild COVID symptoms, it is recommended that you call your PCP and schedule an appointment to obtain a Clearance Note for Physical Activity (your doctor will know what this is).
- If you have experienced moderate or severe COVID symptoms, you are required to call your PCP and schedule an appointment to obtain a Clearance Note for Physical Activity (your doctor will know what this is).
- Your Clearance Note for Physical Activity must:
- Be in writing
- Outline the your return-to-athletic-activity timeline and any required progression steps
- Provide your Clearance Note for Physical Activity to NYA Athletic Trainer, Heather Dean, via email, hard copy of the original note, or fax: 207-846-8829.
- You should connect with Heather Dean to review your specific return-to-play timeline. You can do this in-person or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
- You should notify your coach about your return-to-activity timeline.
- Once all your steps are completed in accordance with your PCP’s plan, you will be cleared to return to athletic activity.
- Day of positive test = day zero.
- For returning to class, follow this timeline.