I wanted to take a few minutes to review the different daily nutritional choices we offer the students at the NYA Cafeteria.
- Fruit bowl which include bananas, apples, clementines, grapes, and plates of watermelon slices.
- Carrot, celery, and cucumber sticks which are available with ranch dressing, hummus, or guacamole
- Homemade hummus and guacamole can also be paired up with a bag of corn chips anytime.
- Regular and Greek yogurt, cheese sticks and aged cheddar pieces
- Three different varieties of apple sauce
- Low fat milk, chocolate milk, and chocolate soy milk
- Our made-to-order sandwiches can be enhanced by any additions from the salad bar
- Bread choices include white, wheat, sub roll, bulky roll, croissant, sourdough, multigrain, any kind of bagel, and white or wheat wraps
- The meat choices for sandwiches with their nutritional facts per 2oz portion:
– Turkey 50 calories 0.5g fat 650 mg sodium – Ham 64 calories 3.0g fat 500 mg sodium – Roast Beef 70 calories 2.0g fat 180 mg sodium
- Our salad bar has many choices of vegetables and cheese:
- Examples – cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onions, tomatoes, peas, corn, celery, and carrots
- Proteins at the salad bar are eggs, chicken, beans, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
- You can make nachos by using corn chips with veggies, black olives, salsa, any of the proteins and cheese
- There is fresh fruit including pineapple, grapes, strawberries, and more depending on availability