2020 Kauffmann Writing Prize Rules for Submissions
- All entries must be original work that is unpublished at the time of submission. They may have been submitted for a class.
- All entries must be in English.
- Students must live in Maine and attend school (or homeschooling) in Maine.
- Winners will be expected to read their essays at a public awards ceremony on May 5, 2020.
- North Yarmouth Academy students are not eligible for the merit scholarship but are eligible for the cash prizes.
- Type on the entry: Your name and address, grade, teacher’s name, school name, and email address
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced, and fewer than 1,500 words. Each page must clearly show the author’s name.
- Mail your entry postmarked no later than April 1, 2020 to: Ian Ramsey, Kauffmann Program, North Yarmouth Academy,
148 Main Street, Yarmouth, ME 04096
- Any student selected for the merit scholarship must still apply to NYA and be accepted through the formal application process.