REIMAGINED TRAVIS ROY ARENA at NYA
- Promote holistic student development through a well-rounded athletic experience, combined with wellness programs provided to the entire school community
- Serve as a model educational program for integrating health, wellness, and athletics
- Continue to be a top-tier ice hockey program in the state of Maine, while providing greater access for talented student-athletes
Paths to Success
By enhancing and expanding our athletics and wellness facilities, NYA will elevate our ability to support the mental and physical health of all our students. Through The Campaign for NYA, we:
- Transformed the Travis Roy Ice Arena and the player and spectator experience
- Built a state-of-the-art training and fitness facility
- Created a space for mind-body wellness programming
These new spaces allow NYA students to pursue their athletic, health, and wellness goals with greater support and results. Our ice hockey arena and fitness and wellness center, adjacent to the tennis courts and overlooking the turf field, completes the NYA athletic complex. This corner of campus is now the proud home of the Panthers.
Members of the NYA community have offered extraordinary philanthropic support for the project, which is completely funded by benefactors, including a gift from Trustee Frederique Daniel and Dr. Jarrod Daniel, NYA parents, of $4 million – the largest gift in the Academy’s history. This historic investment helped to build fundraising momentum. Additional lead gifts have helped to propel the $6 million project, including support from Lori and Chris Poulin, NYA parents; Steve Malcom and Martha Barrett, NYA alumni parents; and a grant from the Welch Family Foundation. To learn more or support the project, please contact Director of Development Jennifer Richard.
Please contact the NYA Development Office if you would like to learn more about this or other campus projects.