On my way to NYA!
Mandatory Items for All Students (Returning and Newly Enrolled)
NYA is currently transitioning to a new student management system to gather much of the information on the following list. However, the new system is not yet fully integrated. The NYA IT Department will reach out shortly after enrollment is complete with instructional information.
- Health Forms for Returning Students
- Health Forms for Newly Admitted Students
- Athletic Participation & Off-Campus Travel Forms
- COVID Acknowledgement of Risk Forms
- COVID Health and Safety Action Agreements
- Parental Permission to Use Web-based Learning Tools for parents of children under the age of 13
All families need to continue to be aware of the following:
- Mark Your Calendars! – Key events over the summer and a timeline for next steps, including summer assignments, for new and returning families.
- Please review the applicable Student and Parent Handbook(s) which outline the basic principles, philosophy, requirements, and guidelines of the school. We expect families and students to be familiar with the contents.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program – NYA’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program allows students to utilize the technology of their preference, and applies to all students in grades 5-12. A laptop or tablet with a keyboard, an up-to-date web browser, and a decent battery life will work effectively. Students may wish to have headphones to utilize with certain assignments as well.
Newly Enrolled Students!
In addition to the above (when it becomes available), please provide us with the following by May 15, 2023. This information is important to gather now, both for our planning and particularly for Maine State reporting purposes, for the 2023-2024 school year. Thank you for submitting these forms at your early convenience.
- Federal & State Student Demographic Data – The Maine Education Data Management System (MEDMS) requires all Maine schools to submit information for their database. Thank you for filling out their required questions.
- New Student Math & Language Selection and Placement – For Grades 6 – 12 only
- Music Study Selection Form – For Grades 6 – 8 only
- Middle School Afternoon Activities Questionnaire – For Grades 6 – 8 only
- Upper School Afternoon Activities Questionnaire – For Grades 9 – 12 only
Supplemental Program Agreements
These are available to all students, as applicable. Deadline for submission is May 15, 2023.
- Transportation Enrollment Agreement **- Optional for K-12
- Before Care and After Care Agreement – Optional for Toddler-Grade 4
- Lunch Bunch Program Enrollment Agreement **- Optional for Primary 1-Primary 2
- International Student Expense Account – Recommended for all Non-US Residents
** Depending upon COVID protocols, we may not be able to offer these programs. Please complete a form if you are interested, but note that COVID protocols will determine availability. Thanks for your patience!
- NYA Essential Calendar
View the 2022-2023 academic calendar to see when NYA will be in exams or closed for breaks and holidays.
- Enrollment Policies and Associated Information
Review policies and information outlined in the Enrollment Agreement. The links to set up student dining accounts, tuition payment plans, tuition insurance, etc. can be found here.
- Student and Parent Handbook
Please take time to review the appropriate Student and Parent Handbook(s) which outline the basic principles, philosophy, requirements, and guidelines of the school.
- Summer Communications
Please take time to review these important communications sent earlier this summer.
For best service, please reach out to the most appropriate contact:
|Health Forms||Ashley Wright, Health Services Coordinator, email@example.com|
|Billing||Sarah Gorman, Accountant, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Upper School||Eric Austin, Head of Upper School, email@example.com|
|Lower School/Middle School||Marissa Markonish, Head of Lower & Middle Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Transportation||Kevin Spencer, Director of Transportation, email@example.com|
|Athletic & Afterschool Activities||Kelsy Ross, Director of Athletics, firstname.lastname@example.org|