“Bring a Friend to School” Day
Friday, April 12, 2019!
“Bring a Friend to School” Day is an opportunity for current NYA students in grades 5-12 to invite friends outside of NYA who are part of their sports teams, summer camps, church, afterschool programs, neighborhoods, etc. to spend a day with them at NYA. Ever been asked “What is NYA like?” or “What makes NYA so special?” – Well, here’s the chance to see what it’s like to be an NYA student!
Space is limited so reservations for guest students will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
To participate in this program:
- Invite a friend who is currently in the same grade as the NYA student.
- NYA students are only permitted to bring one friend each.
- NYA parents should ask guest parents to complete the grade specific permission form by Tuesday, April 9. Only those visitors for whom we have permission forms will be able to join us on Friday:
On the day of the visit:
- Visiting students can travel to school with their NYA friend, or can arrive separately and meet by the start of school. Visitors and their NYA hosts should check-in together when they arrive at school (Grades 5-8 check in at Middle School Community Room; Grades 9-12 check in at Safford Center).
- NYA students will most likely be participating in afterschool activities at the end of the school day. Please note that visitors will be unable to participate in these activities and transportation home at the end of the academic day needs to be arranged.
- Your guest should bring his or her own lunch and snack to school (or they may bring money to buy their lunch at the school cafeteria).
- Please note guest’s food allergies and/or medications on the Permission Form.
- Guest students must adhere to the policies and procedures of NYA (i.e. they must follow the NYA dress code, classroom behavior rules, etc.).
- Our NYA hosts should be sure to introduce their guests to their teachers and friends, and show them a great day at NYA.
Any questions please call (207.846.2376) or email the Admission Office firstname.lastname@example.org.