Financial Assistance Application
NYA uses a third party, Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to calculate financial need. Using a third party ensures a fair and confidential assessment for families.
To get started on your financial assistance application, review the TADS financial aid worksheet. This worksheet will help organize the documents to thoroughly complete the application. You can access the application here.
Please note that if you haven’t started your NYA admission application through TADS, you will need to create an account. Financial Assistance applications are only reviewed once complete. Financial Assistance application should be completed at the same time admission applications are being completed.
NYA Financial Assistance Overview
- Financial assistance grants are made independently from the admission decision and in no way affect a candidate’s application for admission.
- Financial assistance is awarded based on demonstrated family need. NYA attempts to meet the demonstrated need, but because of a fixed financial assistance budget, only a portion of need is typically met and in no one case will offer more than 80% of the tuition.
- The large majority of financial assistance awards are granted to middle and upper school students. Financial assistance awards for lower school students are extremely limited.
- If a family has children over the age of six, it is expected that both parents are employed. There are circumstances that may exempt a family from this policy.
- Over 35% of all families received some form of assistance.
Financial Assistance Process
January 15*: Current NYA families must have a complete financial assistance application submitted.
February 1*: Priority deadline for new applicants to NYA.
Important Note: It is advised to submit your application at least ten days prior to the deadline to allow TADS to fully process your application. Applications will not be reviewed until they are complete.
*Families applying for financial assistance after the deadline will be reviewed pending available funds.
If you have questions about financial assistance, please contact Ashley Randlett, Director of Admission at 207.847.5407.